Saturday, March 24, 2007

Explain it to me god, 'cause I just don't get it. I wanna root for the Nuggets, I really do. They're the hometown team. They've got great players. I get tickets every now and then and I love knowing enough about the team to sound mad smart to the dudes behind me. But this shit has gotten out of hand.

I know the Raptors are good this year. They've got some great young players, and they play smart ball. But how does any team in the NBA give up 36 points two quarters in a row? I don't care who got hurt - Marcus Camby - or who replaced him - Reggie Evans, who's probably rustier than a nail on the Titanic by now - you cannot give up that many points in consecutive quarters and call yourself a professional basketball team. It's just straight up foul and ugly.

Some people are saying that the Nuggets haven't found their identity. How about finding some defense? Or maybe some brains? Or a coach who isn't a cuddly vegetable in a bad suit? 36 points, people. Twice. In back-to-back quarters. And the road trip doesn't get any easier. At this point, we'll be giving up 150 a game by the time the team gets back to Denver.

I reject you Denver Nuggets. I reject your inadequacies and false promises. I'm rooting for Golden State. At least they have a little heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter