Thursday, March 01, 2007

Crikey...check out the rarely seen "defense"

I saw it. I really did. It wasn't an apparition. I was at the game, so it couldn't have been some sort of strange network editing. This was legitimate.

For about 5 minutes somwhere in the middle of the 3rd quarter against Orlando, the Denver Nuggets played defense.

I've been checking with my sources, and according to statsinc.com this is the first time that the Nuggets have played defense in the 2007 calendar year. It was rumored that Allen Iverson tried to play some defense right after being traded to the Nuggets, but he was quickly corralled by Coach Karl and told to "Cut that s%*t out!" Doug Moe looked on approvingly.

The Nuggets beat the Magic, and I can only conclude that their 5 minute defensive stretch contributed significantly to their victory. Given the current members of the coaching staff, and their inability to actually coach any defensive techniques or strategies, this was an incredibly rare occurence. I suspect that their 5 minutes of defense was a spontaneous, unplanned phenomenon. Unfortunately for all of us, it is unlikely to occur again before the 2007 playoffs, which the Nuggets may or may not participate in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter