Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hack-a-...Reggie?

When I was assistant-coaching, I would have recommended the hack-a-Shaq defense to my head coach. Granted, we were coaching middle school kids, but the theory is sound. Evidence: Milwaukee head coach Terry Stotts employed the defensive technique against the Nuggets' Reggie Evans, whose free-throw percentage is closer to Ted Williams' batting average than we're all comfortable with given that the guy is a professional athlete. It worked. The Nuggets pulled Evans for Eduardo Najera, an inferior rebounder, with plenty of time left in the fourth quarter. Stotts' move surprised nearly everyone, including Evans, who gives us today's quote of the day:

"That has never, ever happened to me in the history of my life. Ever."

I'm betting this defensive trend catches on. Every team has a weak link at the free-throw line. Alas, Reggie Evans, you are that link for the Nuggets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter